Friday, January 22, 2010

MEMORY LANE - A MYSTERY DOLL

Back in 1972 I was not really a "collector" in the traditional sense of the word. I certainly didn't do research or even ask a lot of questions. I went to a few local doll shows out of curiosity and bought a doll from time to time.
My little Sasha family had grown to about thirty dolls including my "created" redheads when I spotted this redhead Sasha at a doll show. She was in near mint condition with a large oversize shadowbox I wasn't familiar with. I bought her from the dealer for $25.00.
The next day I took her to "dollsandreams" and learned a little bit more about her. But, to this day I don't really know that much.
Her box dates from 1965 to 1968 and her outfit called "Dungarees" dates from 1966 to 1970. But her hair style makes her something of a curiosity. I'm sure someone knows more about her but she was, and is, still a mystery to me.

Question or Comment -- Write to:
SashaStreetUSA@aol.com