Thursday, November 20, 2008

A FAVORITE SASHA FROCK

One of my favorite things about the many years I spent at "dollsandreams" was Saturday afternoon when all the new hand-made fashions were introduced. Yvonne had a group of knitters and home sewers who usually brought their creations either Friday night or early Saturday morning. By mid afternoon all the local kids and collectors filled the shop and the rush to find new outfits was on.
I used to make up a simple "apron" dress like the one above that is just one piece of fabric. I often made them in felt and the kids would decorate them with little bows, felt flowers, and buttons.
A few years ago I started doing them as reversible dresses and hats. It was a popular little dress among the kids because of being easy to make and easy to dress a Sasha in.