Sunday, February 21, 2010

THE BEAUTIFUL BLONDES

Clairol advertising used to ask, "Do Blondes Have More Fun?" and I often wondered if they did. Blondes certainly dominated advertising for decades and they were more often the heroines in films and romantic novels.
And they were certainly popular in my photo studio back in the early 70s as well as today. While I love the brunettes they are not as easy to photograph because it is difficult to catch the highlights in their hair.

Here is another of my early blonde models wearing a dress borrowed from another doll in my collection. Back in the 70s I had lots of different dolls because I was working in the toy industry as a doll and toy designer.

While I had to photograph many dolls for work, and for articles I was writing, none ever captivated me as Sasha did. And they continue to charm me decades later.