Tuesday, October 12, 2010

THE TREEHOUSE

Soon after I first discovered Sasha dolls in the early 1970s, I bought a SINGER sewing machine that came with free sewing lessons. The machine cost $65.00 and I still use it to sew everything from Sasha outfits to Teddy Bears. I went to my first sewing lesson and shortly after the class began the teacher threw me out because I could not thread my needle. A great friend of mine agreed to teach me and I've been threading my needle ever since.

These red hankie fabric outfits are the first ones I ever made for Sasha, Gregor, and baby.

I built the tree and the tree house in my studio and installed it later in the "dollsandreams" window. The lettuce in the salad bowls is just dyed paper toweling torn up to look like the real thing. I loved building the tree house and the kids loved looking at it in the window. It was the first of several windows I created for the shop.