Thursday, September 23, 2010

TED'S TOYS - GOOD EGGS




The other night I gave a presentation to my local doll club about the behind the scenes business of toy design. I worked as a doll and toy designer for about twenty years. Perhaps my biggest success was a pre-school line called THE GOOD EGGS produced in England by PEDIGREE toys in 1978.

The little "life-size" egg characters had interchangeable hats, arms, and legs. Their gripping hands could hold a variety of props. They also had whimsical vehicals like an EGGBULANCE and a FIRE EGGINE. Playsets included fold out backgrounds.

The packaging had a charming light touch with beautiful drawings of the characters and vehicles.

I designed several doll lines for PEDIGREE over the following two years. Perhaps some of our UK collectors might even have one or two in their collections.