Thursday, October 29, 2009

MY FIRST SASHA HALLOWEEN

A few months after I adopted my first Sasha and Gregor dolls I created a Halloween window for "dollsandreams" -- the shop where I first discovered Sasha. I dressed several dolls in various costumes including a Sasha witch and a Gregor scarecrow. One of the most popular costumes among the young collectors was a simple white ghost sheet with patches made of small print fabric. For whatever reason, these Halloween sheets were a big hit and there was a lot of noise as the kids played with their sheet clad dolls on the shop floor.
"BOO"
"BOO"
"BOO" they all cried out as they menaced one another.
Children never cease to amaze and bewilder me because their joy with simple things often eludes our adult understanding.
My beautifully crafted costumes just appealed to the adults. The ghost sheets were made magical by the imaginations of the children.