Friday, September 10, 2010

MY THREE ALBERTOS

ALBERTO THE FIRST

ALBERTO THE SECOND

ALBERTO THE THIRD

The first time I collected Sasha dolls was in the early 1970s. I never heard of the GOTZ Sasha dolls until a decade ago when I started my second Sasha family. I thought some of the dolls were very beautiful but I was intent on replacing my first (lost) Trendon Sasha family. Then I discovered an ALBERTO that someone was selling on eBay. I thought he was really interesting looking but I didn't bid on him. It would be two years before I found another one for sale and I adopted him.

For reasons I don't recall now, I sold the first ALBERTO and soon adopted the second one who had much better fringe. My daughter kidnapped him about two years ago and now he is the guardian of my Granddaughter. So I just adopted ALBERTO the Third. He is every bit as charming as the first two although his fringe is not as thick or cut as straight as the second version.

And recently a Sasha friend sent me this print of the painting that inspired Sasha to create the original studio version of ALBERTO.