Tuesday, November 25, 2008

MEMORY LANE

The trip down memory lane can be a delightful one if you don't get lost or wander off into the woods. Time often tricks us and leads us off in wrong directions. Looking at this photograph of my first Gregor and his lovely sister I try to remember the exact moment I decided to adopt him. I had been looking at the Sasha dolls playing in the windows of "dollsandreams" for weeks, but I cannot recall why I finally went in to buy this doll. He looked exactly like my son and I thought Adam might find him as delightful as I did. After all he could stand on his head. Perhaps it might be more interesting to remember why I bought another and another until there were dozens of them all over my studio.
Yes, memory lane can be a delightful place if you don't get lost or wander off into the woods.